- Planet of Dreams (We) are the data controller in relation to personal data (Data) we collect from you.
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We are registered in England and Wales under company number and have our registered office at 25 Park Street West, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3BE. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which we will process any Data we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect from you or that you provide to us
- We will collect and process the Data about you which you give to us by filling in forms (including on our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address phone number, car details, financial and credit card information.
- Collecting this Data is essential to us being able to provide assistance in the sale of your vehicle.
How we use your information
- A key requirement of UK Data Protection law is that we have a lawful basis for each aspect of processing of your Data.
Where Data is collected for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, we will use your Data on the basis that processing is necessary for us or for independent vehicle traders to fulfil that contract, which may include the following types of processing:
- To provide quotations and to assist in putting you in contact with independent vehicle traders for the purpose of selling your vehicle; and
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- Where we are required to process Data in order to comply with our legal obligations, we will use your Data on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of legal compliance, which may include establishing, exercising or defending legal claims within the relevant statutory limitation periods.
We will never sell your information to third parties. However we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In order to assist you in obtaining quotations, organising appointments and any other action required in connection with the sale of your vehicle to independent vehicle traders;
- In the event that we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective buyers of such business or assets and to their legal advisers;
- In the event that we appoint a third party data processor to process your Data in accordance with our documented instructions and with the requirements of UK Data Protection law;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- If it is necessary to disclose your Data to our professional advisers (for example, to our legal advisers or our accountants); and
- If it is necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (if applicable) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fehr Brothers Limited and its staff, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your Data
- We will take all technical and organisational steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is stored and treated securely and in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- The Data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in paper and/ or electronic format. We will ensure that any transfer of Data outside the EEA are only made to those states which the European Commission has deemed to have adequate data security protection or which are otherwise permitted under the GDPR.
How long we keep your Data
- We will process your Data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your Data in order for any processing which is carried out on the basis of one or more lawful basis set out in paragraph 3 above.
- In order to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our registered office, contact us by telephone or email us using the details set out in paragraph 1 above.
- You have rights in connection with any processing which is carried out on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so or we have your consent to such processing. However, we do not currently conduct any processing of Data using either of these lawful bases.
- You may request to have any incorrect information corrected or to have your information deleted.
- You have the right to request a copy of information held about you by us. Generally we will provide this information free of charge, however in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us (and our third party data processors) to erase your Data without undue delay, although we reserve the right not to erase Data (or to inform our third party data processors) where processing remains necessary for purposes which are permitted by UK Data Protection law.
You have the right to request that your Data is made portable for the purposes of transferring Data to another supplier in relation to:
- Data which you have provided to us;
- Data which is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract; and
- Data which is processed by automated means.
We will ensure that:
- We have a Data Compliance Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with UK Data Protection law;
- Members of our staff who process Data understand that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
- Members of our staff who process Data are appropriately trained to do so;
- Members of our staff who process Data are appropriately supervised;
- Any enquiries from data subjects about handling of Data are dealt with promptly and courteously;
- We will regularly review and audit the ways we hold, manage and use Data;
- We will regularly assesses and evaluate our methods and performance in relation to handling personal information; and
- All members of our staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
Right to lodge a complaint
- We will endeavour to only use Data that is relevant to our purpose and to ensure your Data is kept secure however sometimes errors occur. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Data, you can contact our Data Compliance Officer who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your Data as required by law, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113.